Old Boys’ Dinner

It was wonderful to see so many Old Boys come back to Lockers for the Old Boys’ Dinner. For several it was their first visit since they left. For some it was quite a journey – America! It was interesting listening to their reactions – Lockers is still very much the school that they left, but with better bits, such as the new Pre-Prep School. I always enjoy meeting boys that I’ve taught – how they change – often towering over me! Both the Headmaster and Roger Stephens gave short speeches. In Roger’s talk he mentioned among others, Ben Shelley – the first ever winner of Lockers Got Talent. Ben won by bleating like a variety of sheep. He gave a brilliant rendition again last night. Ben really does have talent – he’s just about to start at Oxford, reading Economics & Management. After  the excellent meal Paul Wilson provided the Old Boys went to the Chapel for a sing song. As I left, close to midnight, a game of cricket had just started in the Old Gym. If you are an Old Boy, we’d love to see you at our next dinner.