Old Boys’ Cricket

It’s been a busy weekend at Lockers. On Saturday 24 New Boys – those starting in September – came to see us along with their parents. They did a variety of activities before finishing with a Treasure Hunt. It is a great way for new pupils to meet existing ones and also learn the geography of the school. It is also a great opportunity for new parents to meet one another.

On Sunday the Boarders headed off to Southend with Mr Erskine – Naylor. Hopefully they had a great day.

In the afternoon a number of Old Boys’ came to take on the 1st XI. It is a tribute to their affection for Lockers that so many Old Boys’ come back to visit the school on such a regular basis. (I only went back to my Prep school once – when I was collecting my younger brother – I haven’t been back since then.) The 1st XI scored 170, with Billy making 50 not out and Emeka 39. The Old Boys’ chased hard, scoring 165, before Mr Doyle gave away his wicket (I thought he was better than that!), costing the Old Boys’ the game.

It was lovely to see so many Old Boys’ back at Lockers – all are welcome. One of our Old Boys’, Sam Aspland-Robinson,  (Harlequins) was on the winning U20 England World Cup winning rugby team who beat Ireland yesterday. Very well done to him!